CALL: 505.327.4747 or TEXT: 505.609.4966
Looking for information about taking an abortion pill or different types of abortion procedures?
You are welcome to call us to ask your questions.
Abortion providers offer both medical and surgical abortions. The types of abortion that may be available depend on factors such as how far along a woman is in her pregnancy and what kinds of procedures an abortion provider offers.
It may seem like abortion is the solution to moving on with your life or getting back on track. No matter what you choose – to carry or to abort – your life is forever changed. This pregnancy will always be part of your story.
Abortion carries the potential for physical complications, which are significant if they happen to you. Did you know that surgical and later term abortions are also associated with an increased risk of emotional/psychological complications such as depression, anxiety, and relationship difficulties?1-7 Women are not the only ones who may be in distress after abortion: Men can suffer too.8-10
Some women who struggle with past abortions say that they wish they had been told all of the facts about abortion and its risks before they made that choice. If you or someone you know is experiencing regret from an abortion, pregnancy centers offer confidential, compassionate support designed to help women and men work through these feelings. You are not alone.
Consider all the facts and make an informed decision, one you can live with long term.
- Bleeding can be heavy and lasts an average of 9-16 days.
- One woman in 100 need a surgical scraping to stop the bleeding.
- Pregnancies sometimes fail to abort, and this risk increases as pregnancy advances.
- For pregnancies 8 weeks LMP and beyond, identifiable parts may be seen.17
- By 10 weeks LMP, the developing baby is over one inch in length with clearly recognizable arms, legs, hands, and feet.18
- Methotrexate is FDA-approved for treating certain cancers and rheumatoid arthritis, but is used off-label to treat ectopic pregnancies and to induce abortion.19,20 Given by mouth or injection, it works by stopping cell growth, resulting in the embryo’s death.
Medical Methods for Induced Abortion21,22 – 2nd and 3rd Trimester This procedure induces abortion by using drugs to cause labor and delivery of the fetus and placenta. Drugs may be injected into the fetus or the amniotic fluid to stop the baby’s heart before starting the procedure to avoid a live birth. There is a risk of heavy bleeding, and the placenta may need to be surgically removed.
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.